Top 5 ways to celebrate your anniversary
October 2nd, 2012
Today my hub and I celebrate our 8th anniversary. After the first anniversary it’s easy to downplay the significance of this occasion, especially with children, busy work schedules, travel, etc. But here are some easy and fun ways to celebrate your commitment to each other:
1. Waking your partner up with some celebratory sex is a great way to start the day. Set your alarm 30 minutes early and ease him into his day (a perfect time to use Masque).
2. Pick up something little that your sweetheart will enjoy. My hub happens to enjoy beer, and this weekend he tried a porter he was particularly fond of. A six-pack of this in this fridge waiting for him when he comes home from work will be a great ending to his day.
3. Take a little walk down memory lane by perusing your pictures. Whether it’s your wedding album, a slideshow on your computer or just grabbing photos out of that old shoebox, talking about those forgotten moments can spark some serious romance.
4. We did this over the weekend: http://www.loveisartkit.com/ . It was a blast (the filthiest fun you’ll ever have)! It’s an art kit with everything you need to make an original work of art with your love. Cleaning up was pretty fun too!
5. Candles go a long way to setting the mood – whether you’re in the tub together or sitting across the kitchen table from each other catching up on your day – candles can make the craziness around you slow down for a while so you can focus on each other.