Spice Up Your Romance
November 8th, 2011
Wouldn’t it be nice if all it took to spice up your romance was adding one of the cinnamon candles that are everywhere this time of year?
It’s pretty easy to find yourself in familiar patterns and let your sex life fall victim to your other holiday commitments. Men tend to have no trouble switching from work to play, but women need some time to switch gears. Keeping the romance involved in the little everyday things will make a big difference:
- Kiss each other hello and goodbye
- When sitting next to each other (in the car, on the couch, at the dinner table), hold hands
- Take care of a task that your partner hates to do – load the dishwasher, clean your whiskers out of the sink, make the bed
- Call or text during the day just to tell them you’re thinking of them
- Write a romantic note on the bathroom mirror in lipstick (or dry erase marker)
- Want to put a little more effort in? Try these:
- Write reasons why you’re attracted to your partner on small slips of colored paper that you post or tape around the house (on the cereal, in a coffee cup, taped to the toothpaste, inside their wallet)
- Completely take care of a task that your partner is dreading – like cleaning the house for holiday guests, or shopping for Thanksgiving dinner.
- Send your partner out for an evening with friends – a Girl’s Night Out is an excellent way to get your partner relaxed (and appreciative). Don’t forget to leave the Masque on the nightstand just in case!